Land Records Management
Most of Wood County’s basic services rely on accurate and up to date land information.
Services such as emergency management, e911 dispatch, land conservation, resource
management, planning, code enforcement and economic development rely on efficient
access to land information. Information about addresses, parcels, roads, aerial
photography, floodplains, wetlands, public land survey and many others are critical
for efficient services. Citizens and businesses also benefit from online access
to land information by reducing trips to the courthouse, saving time and money.
The Wood County Land Information Office offers various maps, land records, and datasets
online and most are FREE. The most requested information is linked below.
Wood County GIS Data File Downloads
Wood County GIS Online Resources
- GIS data can be downloaded using the ‘Data Extract’ tool in the Interactive GIS
- ESRI ArcGIS users can stream our map and aerial photography services directly from
2010 MrSID Color Airphotos on the UW Madison Wisconsin View website.
The Wood County Land Records Modernization Plan
The purpose of Wood County Land Records Modernization Plan is to identify areas
where land records modernization can be pursued in an effort to attain program goals.
Goals of the Land Records Modernization Program are:
- Eliminate redundancy through the coordination and modernization of existing services
provided by and between departments and agencies participating in the program
- Develop an efficient delivery system for products and services offered to the public
- Improve the quality of products and services offered to the public
2005 Wood County Land Records Modernization
2010 Wood County Land Records Modernization