The revised Shoreland Zoning Ordinance #704 has been approved by the County Board.
Details can be found on our Code Enforcement
Wood County Planning & Zoning
Wood County Courthouse
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm M-F
Phone: (715) 421-8466
The Wood County Planning and Zoning Office serves a wide variety of needs for the
residents of Wood County. The department is responsible for planning, land records
management, code enforcement and economic development activities.
The Planning and Zoning Office is comprised of a staff of 7 employees that have
a combined total of over 100 years of service to Wood County. Staff members are
committed to the department mission "to encourage orderly development and land uses
that preserve property values and protect the County's natural resources to enhance
the quality of life of Wood County residents." Please call or E-mail our office
if you have any questions, or would like to learn more about what we do.
Conservation, Education & Economic Development Committee
The Conservation, Education & Economic Development Committee is a standing committee
of the Wood County Board. Members are committed to the department mission "to encourage
orderly development and land uses that preserve property values and protect the
County's natural resources to enhance the quality of life of Wood County residents."
In addition to providing oversight for the Planning & Zoning Department, this committee
also is the oversight committee for the Land Conservation and University Extension
Departments. More information about county committees and their meeting times can
be found on the County Board Committees and Meeting
- Develop and maintain a county comprehensive plan that meets the requirements of
- Encourage orderly development.
- Improve the County's quality of life to attract new residents and encourage economic
- Land Records Management
- Reduce redundancies in mapping and data set development.
- Improve quality of products and services.
- Develop an efficient delivery system for products and services offered to the public.
- Code Enforcement
- Protect the health, safety and general welfare of County residents.
- Protect the County's natural resources and property values.
- Assist growth through proper land use management.
- Assure that Wood County remains in good standing with the State of Wisconsin.
- Assure accessible and accurate surveys and survey records recorded and/or used in
- Fulfill all responsibilities of Wis. Statutes pertaining to the office of County