Human Resources Department
Wood County Courthouse
Room 204, 2nd Floor
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm M-F
Phone: (715) 421-8457
Fax: (715) 421-8692
The Wood County Human Resources Department provides direct services and assistance
with all aspects of County government, departmental operations and programs dealing
with hours, wages, working conditions, staffing, labor relations, human resources
and training of employees ensuring that all these activities are conducted in both
the spirit and intent of State and Federal programs and mandates, in a fiscally
Wood County accepts applications only for currently advertised positions.
You can find all our currently advertised positions on our
Employment Opportunities page and at the Job Center of Wisconsin's website,
Other recruitment resources may be used as needed.
Our application materials contain mailing instructions. Resumes and other application
materials will not be accepted via e-mail or by fax.
Questions and comments can be directed to Human Resources at 715-421-8457.
Application materials may be obtained on our Employment
Opportunities page, at the Wood County Human Resources Department,
or at the Wisconsin Rapids or Marshfield Job Centers. Application materials
may also be mailed upon request.
Wisconsin Rapids Job Center
320 W Grand Ave
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495
Marshfield Job Center
156 S Central Ave
Marshfield, WI 54449
- After your application has been received and processed by the Human Resources Department,
you will receive a yellow postcard indicating it was received.
- Position vacancies are advertised when the positions are available. It is the responsibility
of the applicant to monitor any future openings.
- If an applicant wishes to apply for several positions, a separate application must
be submitted for each position.
- Applications, resumes, etc. will not be returned to the applicant, nor will they
be used for another position at a later date or kept on file.
- Applications received after the specific closing date and time for a position will
not be considered.
- Positions that are listed as "Open Until Filled" can close without prior notice.
- For certain positions, eligibility lists are established. If selected as a final
candidate, your application may be considered for up to six (6) months.
- Wood County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All new employees
and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the
Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL 99-603).
Wood County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Policy in English, Spanish and Hmong.