Prescription Drug Take Back Event
On Saturday, April 29, 2017, Law Enforcement agencies are hosting the following collections:
Locations: All Collections will be from 10:00am-2:00pm unless otherwise specified.
- Pittsville Police Department - 5318 1st Avenue, Pittsville
- Port Edwards Police Department - 201 Market Avenue, Port Edwards (11:00am-1:00pm Only)
- Shopko - 1306 North Central Avenue, Marshfield (Hosted by Marshfield Police Department)
- Wisconsin Rapids Police Department - 444 West Grand Avenue, Wisconsin Rapids (9:00am-12:00noon Only)
- Wood County Courthouse - 400 Market Street, Wisconsin Rapids (Hosted by Wood County Sheriff's Department)
- Rome Police Department (Adams County) - 1156 Alpine Drive, Nekoosa
An additional collection hosted by Marshfield Police Department will be held on Friday, April 28, 2017 at: Marshfield Clinic (Main Lobby) – 1000 North Oak Avenue, Marshfield from 9:00am–4:00pm.
Bring: Prescription (controlled and non-controlled) and over-the-counter medications, ointments, patches, non-aerosol sprays, inhalers, creams, vials, liquids, and pet medications.
Do Not Bring: Illegal drugs, needles/sharps, aerosol cans, bio-hazardous materials (anything containing a bodily fluid or blood), mercury thermometers, personal care products (shampoo, soaps, lotions, sunscreens, etc...), household hazardous waste (paint, pesticides, oil, gas).
•Participants may dispose of solid pills, capsules or tablets by pouring the medicine from the original bottle into a collection container at the site, or bring your medicines in a zip lock bag to the site without the original bottle. Blister packages are acceptable without the medications being removed.
•Liquids, creams and sprays will be accepted, and must be in the original container. Liquids without the original container will not be accepted.
•Illegal drugs, such as marijuana or meth, are NOT allowed at this collection.